Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My last day of sanity?

Let me explain the title. We had a exceptionally warn and pleasant summer and fall this year. Everyday was spent enjoying the sunshine and warm evenings. And if the kids were unhappy in the house I just sent them outside to play and work out the wiggles. Well, gone are the days of warm weather, sun and my sanity.  Rain has returned to Oregon in full force. For the past three days there has not been a break in the rain. The kids are done with school around noon and the questioning begins. What can we do? Over and over they ask. Go read a book, play with legos, play your leapster, take a nap, I answer them over and over. Oh how I wish I could say GO OUT AND PLAY. The trampoline is soaked, the tree house is leaking, the bikes are in storage and the hammock is put away. This is the time of year I hate Oregon. But only for a season. Soon we will settle into the change and before we know it the trees will be budding with the first signs of spring. But right now it feels like I will not regain my sanity. 
I went to my photos to give me a little pick-me-up and thought I would share the last wonderful play day outside we enjoyed last week. Leaves are so fun.












Goodbye summer. Come back soon and bless us with your warm weather and beautiful shades of green colors that the rain helps create. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks like so much fun!! well chances are we'll have some nice 80 degree socal weather for you all over christmas :)

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Amy,

Can I join you?

Janine

Oh, and Joy, very cute pictures. We'll have to spend some rainy days together and let the kids play.

pam/mom said...

So well written and the photos are darling! Thanks for sharing.

P.S. I now know another thing to pray for you.

Sheri said...

I'm with you (only I no longer have the kids at home to ask THE age-old question!) I don't feel ready for the rain yet even though we had a wonderful fall.
I'll settle in soon though in front of the fireplace with a good book and yard work out of my mind. Instead, right now, I have leaves to rack and gutters to clean (again) in the rain!!!!

JPB said...

We had snow today.