Friday, June 13, 2008

The close of a long day

My day seems to start earlier and last longer with Aaron gone. Lucy was awake at 5:53 this morning. I heard her calling from her crib for "Da-ter" (Baxter) who was whining, still very quietly. It soon turned into a little howl. Well, no more sleep for me. I got up and made Lucy's bottle while Baxter went out. Let the dog in and got Lucy. I put her in bed with me and gave her a bottle hoping she would go back to sleep. No luck. She saw her brother and decided to jump on him and give him a big hug. He hugged her back and mumbled, "Get off Lu, I'm still so tired." So, Lucy and I got up. And so began the day.

I long for their energy...


...their zest for life...
...things that are new...

...and to sleep like a baby.

Hey, what happened here!!!!!

1 comment:

Mainely Me said...

Yeah, the kids are in YOUR bed and you are still up at 11:30 pm!