Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sad and Sweet

I had a good cry with Jackson and Lucy today. Jackson sat down in the corner and just started crying that he needed his daddy and didn't want him to leave. I tried to console him but he just cried. "I miss playing knives with Daddy and jumping on the trampoline. I just want him to come home and be with me." Tears welled up in my eyes as I hugged him.  Lucy came toddling over and laid her head on Jackson's lap and started patting him. I couldn't hold back the tears when I saw the tenderness in my one year old and the genuine concern and love for her brother. What a blessing both of these children are. And how blessed to have a daddy who shows them love. To see Lucy demonstrate this kind of love for her brother gave me a little insight into how God wraps His arms around me when I am hurting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Joy! I feel so badly for Jackson and, at the same time, so happy knowing he has Aaron there to be daddy.
I tell people often when they ask about your family that Aaron is the best man one could imagine for stepping into the role of daddy. It shows in moments like this.
Hurry home Aaron!

pam/mom said...

Oh goodness! THat makes me cry too! Sooo sweet.

Mainely Me said...

Shedding sad/happy tears. Grammy